AUTHOR: Vincent De Paul
GENRE: Flash Fiction
ISBN 13: 978-1490332505
ISBN 10: 1490332502
FIRST PUBLISHED ONLINE: 2014
FIRST PRINTING: Kenya, 2016
PUBLISHER: Mystery Publishers (K) Ltd
REVIEWER: Nancy Oyula
Themes Covered in The Book
- The author writes of infidelity in marriages, politics and blackmail.
- Land grabbing and the justice system (A very common narrative in Kenya).
- Violence and revenge for those oppressed
- Use of and effects of drugs.
- Lack of of education, poverty,
- Children who become parents at a young age and how it affects the life of the babies they give birth to, plus their future.
- Corruption in places of authority and how some individuals are treated better than others; Inequality.
- Rape. This is done by people who are not strangers. People we know and perhaps interact with on a daily basis. In one story a father rapes his daughter, in another a lady is raped severally by her disgruntled lover.
- Terrorism – how it has affected Islam as a religion. The role religion plays when terrorism acts happen
Read more at www.nancyoyula.wordpress.com